In the summer the sun stays out longer than usual however the sun can’t stay out forever, which is why investing in landscape lighting for your home is a great idea! There are a lot of activities that having landscape lighting installed can improve and other positive attributes that landscape lighting can add to your home. Not only can landscape lighting add a lot to your home, but it can also prevent some bad things from happening. Here are some reasons why installing landscape lighting in your home is worth it:
- Aesthetic Beauty in Any Season– One of the beauties about landscape lighting is that it, like your home, is customizable to fit any style that you want. For example, if your home has a part that is not very exposed and hard to see at night than with landscape lighting you can highlight that specific area. You can even use your landscape lighting to add holiday cheer to your house depending on the time of year.
- Adds Re-Sale Value- By adding landscape lighting to your home you add resale value because having your home look beautiful 24 hours a day is very attractive to new home buyers. Adding landscape lighting to your home shows that you care about the appearance and can add a lot of perceived value in a home. Adding curb appeal to your home can make a huge difference in how fast it sells. When potential homeowners see landscape lighting they see a home that is tasteful, safe & taken care of.
- Prevents Break-Ins– Safety comes first and most statistical data shows that burglars and thieves are less likely to steal from a home that is well lit because it makes the thieves easier to see . With landscape lighting added to your home, it will be so well lit that a neighbor three houses down can see someone sneaking around your house, call the police & proceed accordingly. Keeping your family & personal possessions safe are extremely important to homeowners & potential homeowners (adds resale value)
- Prevents injuries– Have you ever been visiting your friend at their house for dinner or later in the evening and found yourself tripping over their lawn and walkway? Not anymore! By installing landscape lighting to your home, you help prevent accidents that can happen to people on your property by keeping it well lit. If someone were to seriously injure themselves on your property you could be held as a liable party, installing landscape lighting will lower the probability that a person could hurt themselves on your property at night.
- The Outdoor Party Doesn’t Need to End- Outdoor parties are a great way to have a big party, because you are not as limited by the special restrictions of your home. The downside to having an outdoor party or get together is that when it gets too dark to see your drink, no one wants to stay outside. Installing landscape lighting can keep your party going all night long. With landscape lighting you can turn your lawn into an elegant surrounding with intricate lighting design which will keep the party going as it drops your guests’ jaws.
If you have any questions about landscape lighting or are interested in learning more about installing landscape lighting please give us a call at (781) 246-7700.