Incorporating underwater lighting into your pool adds charm and a romantic appeal. Having lighting in your pool makes swimming more enjoyable and it’s much easier to have your pool water tested after dark. When the bulbs are burning out, it can be quite challenging to change them underwater.
When working with water and electricity simultaneously, you must be careful and pay attention. Follow the steps below to change your underwater light bulb the proper way.
1. Turn of the electricity to the pool at the breaker box or main shut-off switch
2. Remove the bulb from its casing
3. Remove the face ring, gasket & lens so you can retrieve the bulb
4. Unscrew the bulb and wipe off any moisture
5. Clean the assembly to remove to remove any corrosion
6. Insert the new bulb & install the new lense gasket
7. Return the light fixture to its casing & replace the set screw
8. Turn on the electricity and make sure everything is working
If you need help replacing a bulb in your pool, call Cardoso Electrical Services at (781) 246-7700.