It comes as no surprise in Massachusetts that old homes outnumber new and renovated homes. Older homes along with being stuffy and eerie also come with even older electrical systems. Systems that usually need to be updated to fit the requirement of your electrical needs. If this suits you, and you have now realized it might be time to update your electrical panel, read on to learn how to identify the signs of when is it time to upgrade your electrical panel
As a homeowner or property owner, it is important to know that the number one cause of all residential fires is defective electrical wiring in the home. It is pertinent to identify the signs that will keep your home safe.
- First and foremost, it is important to know the life span of most electrical panels. They will last about forty years, anything older can put you at risk for more electrical issues to arise.
- If you are not aware of the last time you had your electrical wiring inspected by a licensed professional, you should hire one immediately. A landlord with tenants currently occupying a home especially, as it is pertinent that your electrical panel abides by Massachusetts rules and regulations.
- If you find the circuit breakers in your home trip on a consistent basis, leaving you to continuously have to turn the switch. Then it may be time to get it checked out. There are many causes why this could be happening but given the numerous times it occurs you should probably consider updating the electrical panel to fit modern codes and requirements.
- If your lights go dim after connecting any high powered appliance, then it may be time for an upgrade. What could be causing this to happen could be an overloaded circuit. Or your current electrical panel might not be equipped to handle that much power. It used to be the case that most homes were able to hold on sixty amps of power, that is not the case anymore. This year with all the computers TVs and electrical devices we have accessible, the average current has increased to 200 amps.
- If you find yourself needing to connect extension cords and power adapters for more power, it is time for an upgrade to your system. Getting extension cords and adapters can actually add to the fire hazard by producing an unsafe environment for you and your family.
Keeping your electrical system up to date is a necessary requirement for fire prevention and keeping your family safe. Hiring the right electrician can make all the difference.
At Cardoso Electrical, we make sure we walk you through all of the steps to ensure the safety of your home. Our electricians are highly skilled and trained to take all safety measures to updating your system. If you suspect, you have a faulty system that needs to be updated or need an inspection contact Cardoso Electrical Services Today!!
Contact Cardoso Electrical Services at 781.246.7700 for electrical services in the Greater Boston area.