HVAC stands from Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. Heating and cooling are two of the most important factors of your home and are critical to your comfort. They control air temperature, humidity, and the quality of the air in your home. Below are some HVAC maintenance tips to keep in mind through out the year!
- Replace your heating and cooling air filters every month that they’re in use. Operating your system with old, dirty filters can waste energy and your system may even be damaged.
- Check and clean the filters in your home’s air cleaners and humidifiers.
- If you have a forced air heating system check your furnace’s blower compartment and blower coils. If you see dirt and dust in here its okay to clean them using a vacuum.
- Check fan belt tension, and lubricate fan and motor bearings.
- If you have a steam system, check the shut-off valve for leaks.
- Bleed hot water system radiators at least once a year.
- Don’t keep clutter near your furnace. It’s an obvious fire hazard, and may keep your system from properly operating.
- To make sure you’re getting the most out of your heating system, keep the heating registers and vents throughout the house free of dust, dirt, and pet hair by vacuuming them at least once a year.
- Listen for odd sounds when turning on your heating or cooling system. If you hear anything unusual, get in touch with Cardoso Electrical of Wakefield, MA before the problem becomes more serious
- In winter months, set your ceiling fan at its slowest speed and reverse it in order to gently push warm air down from the ceiling without generating a breeze.
Cardoso Electrical Services, License No.: #A18196
414 Lowell Street, Wakefield, MA 01880
Phone: (781) 246-7700 Fax: (781) 245-7200 Cardoso@CardosoElectrical.com