Has your electricity bill been high lately? Are you looking for ways to cut down on electricity and save money? Look no further! Read our tips below for ways to cut your electricity bill now.
- Install Dimmers– Most lights emit more light than we actually need. Instead of using more electricity than necessary, install dimmer switches and only use the amount of electricity and light that you need.
- Dry Your Laundry Outdoors– Dryers use a significant amount of energy. If you are doing four or more loads of laundry a month, you will surely see the difference on your electricity bill by switching over to air drying your clothing.
- Check Your Electronics Before Bed– Take a quick walk through your home before heading to bed and make sure everything is turned off. Simply turning your cable box off when it isn’t being used can save you about $20 annually so imagine the savings if you make these changes across the board!
- Install Ceiling Fans- Ceiling fans are a great way to stay cool and move air around your home. They will save you hundreds of dollars by relying on them instead of air conditioners.
- Close the Blinds– In the summer months, sunlight will affect your electric bill. By leaving blinds and curtains open, you will allow more heat into your home and will then pay the price to cool it off. Avoid this added expense by keeping blinds and curtains closed in the warmer months.
- Switch to LED Lighting– Not only has LED lighting has proved to be more efficient but it also will save you money.
Cardoso Electrical Services provides a range of electrical services to residents and business owners in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Contact us today for more information on how we can help you cut your electricity bill!